Friday, December 12, 2008

American Pie or Homebrewers Companion

American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza

Author: Peter Reinhart

PETER REINHART is a full-time baking instructor at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. He was the co-founder of the legendary Brother Juniper's Bakery in Sonoma, California, and is the author of five books on bread baking, including the seminal Brother Juniper's Bread Book.



Interesting book: Fix It and Forget It Recipes for Entertaining or Town Country Toasts for Every Occasion

Homebrewer's Companion

Author: Charles Papazian

More great advice from Charlie Papazian, homebrew master and author of the bestselling The Complete Joy of Homebrewing.

"Many ask me, 'What's different about The Homebrewer's Companion?' It's a book that I might have titled The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, Volume 2. The information is 98 percent new information, including improved procedures for beginning and malt-extract brewers as well as advanced and veteran brewers. There are loads of new recipes and useful charts and data that I continually refer to in my own homebrew recipe formulation (I still homebrew about 20 batches a year). My theme throughout is 'Keep it practical. Keep it useful.' I wanted to answer 10 years' worth of questions in this one volume. I did ... and I had fun doing it."

-- Charlie Papazian

Get the Most from Your Malt!

  • Easy-to-follow techniques and trouble-shooting tips
  • Answers to the most-often asked questions
  • A guide to world beer styles
  • Useful facts on fermenting, yeast culturing and stove-top boiling
  • Charts, tables, support information and much, much more
  • Over 60 exotic recipes to try -- from "You'll See" Coriander Amber Ale to Waialeale Chablis Mead

Make sure to check out the third edition of The Complete Joy of Homebrewing.



No comments: